Rapidly constructed on purchased land after Kamata Studio was damaged by the Great Kanto earthquake. Debut of Kinuyo Tanaka in 1924. Affiliated with Bando Tsumasaburo Production in January 1926, and filmed through May 1926. Admission to Teinosuke Kinugasa New Impressionist Film League in June 1926. Established Kinugasa Motion Picture League in October 1926. 1927 Chigo no Kenpo – Debut of Kazuo Hasegawa. It gained great popularity. Kazuo Hasegawa transferred to Toho Eiga in 1937. Masahiro Makino became the executive manager of the Shochiku Studio in 1943. Fire outbreak in 1950. Sold to Shochiku subsidiary Kyoto Films in 1952.
Kyoto Films Studio
Date of establishment
Eiden Demachiyanagi Station
Jushiro Konoe, Yoko Matsuyama
Masahiro Makino, Sadatsugu Matsuda
Shochiku sold to subsidiary Kyoto Films in September 1952 and inaugurated as Shochiku priority rental studio in December 1952. Kyoto Films produced television programs. The studio was downsized and the space not used became Kamogawa Bowling in May 1963. Moved to Uzumasa and closed the Kyoto Films Studio in September 1974. Changed to a residential area in 1977.